This little dude has finally mastered the toilet! Woohoo! No more nappies! I can't even tell you how happy I am. Thankfully my covid experience experience was very mild and I was not bed ridden, or even really sick at all, so on day 2, when I accepted I was home for at least a week, I decided I wasn't wasting the time and took the nappies away. Undies only. Honestly, the best possible time to toilet train is when you literally cannot leave the house.
Next step was making this chart (cause if Bluey isn't encouragement enough, what is? haha) with stickers, giving Alex a Kinder Surprise egg for poops 1, 5, 10 and 15 - then the Bluey garbage truck for poop 20. He was much more interested after that.
It was not easy - and it was not quick. We had poop after poop after poop in his little undies. Nearly every time, it would be about 5 minutes after I asked him if he needed to poop. It was so, so frustrating. But, eventually, after days of that, all of a sudden one morning, he called out to tell me he'd pooped! In the toilet, thank heavens.
We still had a few accidents after that, but thank goodness we got there eventually. We've been here and there since with no nappy on (although when he went over to Aunty's house midweek and had to go into the city with her and for church today, we used a pullup. I'm all about the just in case!) and it's all going well. He takes himself to the toilet regularly for poos and wees and I am so happy! Toilet training in this house is done, for good yo!
Look at that face! He is so proud of himself! That garbage truck was worth every cent! Yay for Alex!






No comments:
Post a Comment