What do you do while you're in isolation? The to-do list of course! There are a few things that need doing in the garden before we can sell the house, which I had mapped out in my head already - so I got to work on them.
Here's how this side used to look, we've cleared the rocks and planted agapanthus in their place. The geraniums were pulled out and potted and eventually removed. The poinsettias were swapped into the front garden at Doug's mums house and the red leaved plants moved this week.
There was some of the strawberry beds that didn't have any strawberries left in them, so I did a pull apart and re-position of all of them... they are now all full and even. After all the other plants were moved, these beautiful trailing leaves all look lovely, moving through the bed.
The back fence garden bed has been empty since we removed the fountain, so I stole these red leaved plants that have been growing in the side bed since we bought the house and replanted them in the sun, where I am hoping they will flourish!
They have wilted since, but I am very much hoping they will take and start to stand up tall again soon.
That's how the back fence used to look!
This plant in the large pot used to be in Doug's mums garden - and although she was not a gardener, since I moved something else into it's place and brought it home, it has flourished and bloomed... and it's a piece of her that I want to keep. Everything I want to take with us, is now in a pot.
The grass has finally grown in well and looks lovely as you can see in the background here. Garden, sorted!










No comments:
Post a Comment