Sometimes we are blessed to see amazing and incredible things right before our eyes. Early this morning, there was a multi planetary alignment in the sky that was really visible on the horizon right before dawn. It might have been dark and freezing cold, but it was absolutely worth getting up for.
I even managed to get the kids up for a look. I honestly believe it's little things like this that they will remember. The stars were so clear that I could even catch them in a photo with my phone! Perfect for stargazing. That's Venus lower on the horizon, Jupiter with Mars by his side and Saturn was visible too, higher up and back a little, but I couldn't get it all in one shot. Absolutely stunning.
It's things like that, that make you realise just how small we are. Our earth, huge as it is, is a teeny, tiny speck in the universe, infinite beyond our comprehension. To think God knows us all and loves us all individually is incredible. It truly is an explanation of the hymn, How Great Thou Art!



No comments:
Post a Comment