Friday, January 28, 2022

Weet-Bix slice


This is the taste of childhood if you grew up in Australia. I remember eating this at parties, or just at home... and loving it. Good old Weet-Bix slice. So when I scored a box of recently expired Weet-Bix, I knew exactly what had to be done - and it tasted just as good as I remembered. I took a batch to Ledge Point the other day and the whole lot got eaten. Plus my kids loved it too. This is absolutely going to be a regular roll out.

CHOCOLATE WEET-BIX SLICE

Ingredients

180g Butter, melted

1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence

3 Weetbix, crushed (45 grams)

1 Cup Desiccated Coconut

1 Cup Plain White Flour

3/4 Cup Sugar

1/4 Cup Cocoa

1 teaspoon Baking Powder

 

BASIC CHOCOLATE ICING

1 1/2 Cups Icing Sugar

1 heaped Tablespoon Cocoa

1 teaspoon Butter, melted

1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence

Water, teaspoon at a time

 

Instructions

1.      Preheat oven to 160 degrees fan forced

2.      Prepare a rectangular baking tin

3.      Melt the butter in the microwave. Add to this the vanilla and set aside

4.      In a large bowl add the Weet-Bix, coconut, flour, sugar, cocoa and baking powder and stir well to blend

5.      Add to this the melted butter and vanilla and stir until fully combined

6.      Pour into the prepared baking tin and press until firm and smooth

7.      Bake for 15 minutes and remove from the oven, set aside to cool

8.      Once cool prepare the icing. Melt the teaspoon butter and add the vanilla

9.      Add sifted icing sugar and cocoa and stir to combine

10.  Add a teaspoon of water at a time until the consistency can just drizzle off the end of the spoon

11.  Spread over the slice evenly and if desired sprinkle with a little desiccated coconut to finish

12.  Allow to set, then slice and serve or store in an airtight container

No comments:

Post a Comment