Thursday, January 20, 2022

Sunshine slice


A few weeks ago I screenshot a recipe from a Facebook page I love - 4 ingredients, for a recipe called Sunshine Slice. It looked absolutely delicious, but I was a litle suss, as I often am when things look that easy - that they'll be average, or just not good all...

But this slice, that requires barely any ingredients or effort, is absolutely incredible! It has a yummy shortbread style base, a pineapple cheesecakey kind of middle and toasted coconut on top. Well worth the make. This will absolutely be made on repeat.


SUNSHINE SLICE (from 4 ingredients Australia)

340g packet vanilla cake mix
150g melted butter
300ml sour cream
440g can crushed pineapple (drained)

1. Preheat oven to 160C (fan forced)
2. Line and grease a slice tray
3. Mix together cake mix and butter, then spread evenly in the baking tray
4. Bake for 15 minutes
5. Mix sour cream and pineapple together
6. Spread across the warm biscuit base, then sprinkle with shredded coconut and return to oven for 15 minutes
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool, then store in the fridge.

Honestly, go make this. It is amazing. We are hooked!

No comments:

Post a Comment