I am so, so proud of these kids for making a choice to get vaccinated for covid-19. When the option was released in WA for kids just a few weeks ago, they decided of their own choice that they wanted to. We talked about it, they asked questions and they decided that it was a good idea.
We live in an age where medical research is at its best and most refined. Within months of the covid-19 pandemic becoming huge around the world, a vaccine had been readied and was being tested for effectiveness. I'm not here to preach from my vaccine soapbox as I still firmly believe that people have the right to make their own decisions regarding their body, but I was ready and willing to protect myself and my family and other loved ones as soon as it was an option. The kids have watched me receive my doses and decided to do the same.
Joseph had his done today and was much calmer having already seen Madeline have hers done a few days ago in Ellenbrook. That was a good move obviously to have hers first.
Both of the kids took it really well, but were understandably frightened of having a needle. Madeline was the worst- she was shaking and crying and I felt terrible. I kept telling the staff that she wanted to get it and I feel like they all thought I was full of it. Baha. Thankfully she recovered instantly when she realised that it didn't actually hurt that much and only for a fraction of a second.
Bless them. So proud.



No comments:
Post a Comment