Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Sneaky icecreams


I love these girls. They always make everything so fun. Alex has been a bit of a grump lately, I mean his world is continually being turned upside down while we have open homes, I deal with tradies, we move things between houses - and it's just left him a little unsettled. So, sometimes when it's bedtime and he's super tired, the best way to get him to sleep is just to pop him in the car and drive around for a few minutes while he fidgets a bit and looks out the window, before settling in and going to sleep. It's the best when he's over tired.


Tonight, we picked up Madeline's bestie Ella and they sat with him quietly as he drifted off, before we headed down to Joey's diner in Herne Hill and I bought them a sneaky icecream. As you can see it completely made their day and it was well worth it. Sometimes it's nice to spoil your kids (and other peoples I guess! haha) at the most random of times for no reason at all.


So icecream it was - on a school night, then back home to bed, and to tuck in fast asleep Alex. Double win. ❤

 

No comments:

Post a Comment