Monday, June 6, 2022

Chocolate chip banana muffins


After my baking spree at Jen's over the weekend, I also inherited a bag of giant dark chocolate chunks that she wasn't going to use... so I found another random recipe online from inspired taste and got to work with some more manky bananas from my fruit bowl. I swear there is no in between with my kids. It's either eat them all, or eat none of them. It's fine with me if I keep getting to bake with them all the time!

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins

70 grams butter - melted

1 ½ cups plain flour

½ cup packed brown sugar

1 tsp baking powder

1 tsp bi-carb soda

¼ tsp sea salt

3 ripe bananas mashed

1 large egg

½ teaspoon vanilla extract

¾ cup chocolate chips

 

Heat oven to 160°C (fan forced). Line muffin cups with paper liners. Makes 12.

Whisk the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, bi-carb soda, and salt in a large bowl.

In a separate bowl, whisk the melted butter, mashed banana, egg, and vanilla until blended.

Add the banana mixture to the bowl with dry ingredients, then combine. Do not overmix.

Stir in choc chips. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake until a cake tester comes out clean, 20 - 25 mins.

 

Can confirm, they were delicious! Especially the chunks. Another recipe for the banks.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment