My pantry is finally painted and looking flash. It was the very last thing that had to be painted and we were avoiding it like the plague cause I couldn't empty it until I had space to do so.
Here's why. Who the heck knew I could fit so much into a pantry. I am constantly amazed at pictures on Instagram and Pinterest of these "perfect" pantries... where the heck is their food?! Mine is packed in and in very mismatched containers. Who can afford to outlay that much money to make them all match? Seems like a waste of money to me... I use all Dougs old supplement canisters.
My only matching ones are the sistema cereal dispensers that I have collected from opshops over time.
So yeah. It was a pain taking it all out and I can't imagine putting it back in will be any more fun. I'll be taking out a stack of stuff we don't use regularly and taking it up to the new house, that's for sure.
One thing that has completely blown me away, is what a bad job of painting the previous owners did. The pantry wasn't even the same colour as the rest of the house - it was a purply colour similar to the colour the front strip used to be - and the frames hadn't even been finished. Thank goodness for our very OCD painters as it now all looks wonderful!
Here's a before shot - so glad it's done!







No comments:
Post a Comment