The Bible speaks of wars and rumours of wars in Matthew 24, that will precede the second coming... and oh are we seeing these things come to pass. It was just six months ago that we saw the withdrawal of the US troops from Afghanistan, leaving them to fight their political unrest alone.
Now we have seen Russia invade Ukraine and the situation continues to escalate. I know, exactly how blessed we are to be in a country where these things do not affect us personally, but the possibility of World War III looming on the horizon is very real and something that is causing horrendous amounts of anxiety for so many people. It is scary that this could in time, affect the entire world. Not just those countries, not just Europe, but eventually, all of us.
In these times, there seems that there is little and really nothing we can do. Thinking of it non stop only creates more anxiety for those prone to it. Reading the news articles and watching the reports has the same affect. I felt so hopeless and lost, as to anything I could do, when it seemed like even praying for relief and peace for these people was not enough. When my anxiety was at its worst, I saw this post on Instagram and it changed my thinking. It is the truth. Praying is the most we can do. The Lord hears us and understands us and knows of our pleas for ourselves and others. It is the best of all the things we can do to help, whether the world sees it that way or not.
So when I attended the temple on Saturday, I focused my thoughts to those suffering due to the issues in Ukraine at this time. I know the temple is the closest place to heaven on earth, so the best place to pray and be close to Heavenly Father. I always feel like the veil between heaven and earth is thinnest there and our prayers must be heard so much more clearly.
Rosemary M Wixom once said that, "In the temple all feelings of inadequacy and imperfection begin to fade." I feel certain that the more I attend, the more my feelings of anxiety will too. The Lord knows our needs and will direct us when we try our utmost to be closer to Him. ❤

No comments:
Post a Comment