This girl is soooo excited! The day has finally come and she went off today with her dad to choose some fish, that she even bought with her own money. She has wanted some fish for ages (which are about the only kind of pets I am okay with) and now she has them!
We actually bought a tank at an opshop a few weeks ago, so we decided now was a great time to get started... so along with some rocks and some decorations, she was all set up.
The fish have settled in beautifully and I love hearing their little splashes and seeing them bobbing up every time we feed them. It's just the sweetest thing. There is nothing lovelier than having fish in your bedroom either... they are so calming.
**************
Updated to add (in May): We haven't had the best luck with the fish, they keep dying! :(
I think we've had 7 big ones and 3 guppies since the beginning - there are 2 big ones still alive and 1 guppy. The worst bit though, was that when one of the guppies died, the bigger fish ate his face off! It was horrendous and I am just glad we fished it out before Maddie saw it! She loves them so much though, I'm hoping we get it right at some stage and they flourish. The pet store did warn us there are always some sacrificial ones at the beginning though, so I guess we just wait and see.





No comments:
Post a Comment