Sunday, July 17, 2022

Malinda's birthday cake


Sometimes (on the very odd occasion) I like to bake cakes for other people. A friend from church had her 40th yesterday and I offered to make her cake... then thought oh my goodness what have I done? haha.


I went with vanilla (this recipe here), cause I swear every birthday cake you ever have at a party is chocolate and I wanted it to be different. Must admit I didn't even ask her what she wanted, just went with it. Thankfully she seemed happy. I got this new cutter to make all the cakes the same level from the opshop this week and can confirm it works a treat! Look at that!


I had my little personal assistant balance it on her lap on the way to the party and was very grateful for her assistance. It made it there with no problems at all and I was so relieved.


I actually love it. The plan was to do the pink a little more pale originally to have it looking rustic, but then I decided to get in there with gold accent pieces and gold leaf on the sides and I thought it turned out great!


Gold leaf was a lot more expensive than I expected and I had to stick it to the cake with tweezers piece by piece.


Happy birthday to you Malinda!

No comments:

Post a Comment