Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Head girl/ faction captain elections


Maddie is going for the big leagues and has her eye set on being head girl. Who am I to discourage her? She is smart, funny and very popular, so I can't see why she doesn't have a good chance of getting it. I have said to her multiple times, don't be too disappointed if you don't get it - to which she responded, ummm why would I not? haha That's my girl. I would be so set in life if I even had a small part of her confidence! We made up her poster which is proudly hanging outside her classroom and she got to work on her speech, which they will deliver next week. Fingers crossed!


Good morning Ellen Stirling students and staff. My name is Madeline Kendall and I’d love to be your head girl for 2023. 

I have attended Ellen Stirling Primary School since kindergarten. This is my eighth year at this school! Over the years I have watched the school grow and change and I have grown myself, alongside so many of you. I am so lucky to count so many of you as my friends. 

What makes a good leader? Me, Madeline Kendall. Someone who is willing to include others in all things, all the time. Someone who puts the needs of others above their own. I feel certain I am those things. I am someone who is kind and caring to everyone and I am willing to take time out of my day to help you if you need anything. With me as your head girl, you can be assured I’ll always look out for you. I love to be around others and love to make new friends. If you’re new and don’t know me yet, come and say hello! 

I have always tried my hardest to be a positive role model amongst my peers and younger students. I feel like this is the most important part of being head girl, being a good example to others. I always attend school and am ready and willing to fulfil all the responsibilities of Head Girl. 

I am not going to stand here and pretend to be a different person to what I usually am. What you see is that you get with Madeline Kendall. I am going to make a difference here at Ellen Stirling Primary School by listening to all your opinions and needs. Together we can be the difference that this school needs. Sharing things helps us be better. No guys, this doesn’t mean sharing your answers during a test… What it really means is to share the problems you have and together we can solve them. I believe I am perfect for the role of head girl because I am caring, confident, mature, and reliable as well as friendly and approachable. You can come and talk to me anywhere, anytime and I will always listen to what you have to say. 

As head girl you must be ready to take on a big responsibility and I know I’m the person for the job. So vote 1 for Madeline Kendall because you have excellent taste and superb decision making skills! Thank you!


She's also been encouraged by her teacher Mr. Dean to go for faction captain. It wasn't something she was originally interested in, but she's giving it a go too. She and Ella even decided to make a joint poster as they are in separate factions and aren't in direct competition with each other. Both their teachers thought it was hilarious and when I printed their poster at Officeworks, the guy behind the counter actually said, "Now this is cool. Something different. I'd vote for them!" Legend. I actually think it's the coolest thing ever. They definitely are in everything together.


Her faction captain speech is a bit more casual which I love, she's a lot less worried about it. Has me cracking up. Play to your strengths hey! 

Good morning Ellen Stirling Students and Staff. My name is Madeline Kendall and I would love to be your Giles faction captain for 2023. Having attended this school since Kindergarten, I’ve been involved in so many carnivals and I am so very proud to be in Giles. In fact, I clearly was put in the right faction, cause I don’t even need to spray my hair for the carnival. You can’t get much redder than red!

 I would make an amazing faction captain, because I see the best in people and encourage them to do the same. I love all kinds of sports and am always willing to try a new kind as the opportunity arises. I am resilient and I keep going till the last whistle blows. As a good Leader, I want to bring glory to my team! 

I will use my strengths to help others and ensure no one is left out. I sometimes push people to their limit, but that’s only because I want them to go further than they think they can. That’s why I will always encourage teamwork. Teamwork makes the dream work. 

People describe me as a person that never gives up no matter what and wants her voice to be heard. As the Giles faction captain I’ll make sure everyone gets a chance in what they can do best. I’d like to show everyone that strength isn’t always a requirement to be a leader. I want you all to know that if you are feeling discouraged, that I’m always here to talk and give you a cheer, in a big, loud and confident voice that will bring your spirits up. 

I believe that this could be a great opportunity for me to practice my leadership skills, lead my team to victory and support others. So vote 1 for me! Madeline Kendall, for Giles Faction Captain. Cause I’m actually red and perfect for the job! GO GILES!

No comments:

Post a Comment