The results are in and Miss Madeline is the Giles Faction Captain for 2023! She is so beyond thrilled and you could not wipe the smile off of her face. I must admit, I thought she would be a little disappointed not getting head girl, but she assured me she is so happy!
A lovely friend of ours made her a lolly lei for the occasion as she was so convinced she would end up with a leadership role and I'm so happy she did, as it added to her joy.
Her co-captain Elliot and her have been friends since they were very small and are so excited to be in this together - but the funniest part of the day was when their principal had a bit of a chuckle when he handed over their badges and told them they had better not mess it up! They are big shoes to fill - Giles has won the carnival for the 6 of the 7 years we've been at ESPS and I think the last time we lost, Madeline was in Pre-Primary!
So stoked for them! Obviously her jokes about being born red, ready for the job paid off hahah.
We are so grateful for Maddie's lovely teacher Mr. Dean who encouraged her to run for faction captain, as originally she was only going to go for the top spot. I'm glad he was at her about it and I bet she is too!
Eight very happy kids with Faction Captain hats - and four of them in Madeline's class. What a party it will be. To make it sweeter, the head boy and girl and both the prefects are good friends of hers too and she couldn't be happier for them. It's was a great day!







No comments:
Post a Comment