Yesterday was finally moving day! Mat came and brought his truck and we moved loads of furniture up the hill piece by piece for a few hours. There wasn't a great deal we could preload unfortunately so thankfully we had a lot of willing hands to get it all on board and up to the new house.
Maddie was recognised as the princess she is and escorted out of the house lying on our couch by the Armitage boys.
This was the aftermath in the theatre room. Gives a pretty good insight into just how gross it is when you eat on any furniture! Ick.
I also drove a manual for the first time in ages - with a trailer attached for the first time ever! I don't know how I've managed to make it to this age without ever driving a trailer, but I guess one of my brothers or my dad was always there to do it. Well, ticked that off the to-do list.
Up at the new place, these two were relaxing when the last load was done. It really didn't even take that long, mind you, there is still buttloads of stuff at the old place - including my entire wardrobe contents, the kitchen and everything loose in the garage, but the large items that needed a truck to move them are all done. We are well on our way. Just need to make up the beds to be able to sleep tonight.
The old house is a mess, the new place is a mess - it's pretty crap right now and it's making me crazy. I kind of want to set fire to both places and be done with it. But we will get there. It's just a matter of time.
I mean seriously. Nothing we can't fix right? Oh my goodness. What have I done? Hahahaha.








No comments:
Post a Comment