I kept Madeline home for a few days from last Friday. She has had the most terrible cough - and although she has been to the Dr and he has confirmed it's croup, with all the covid going around in WA right now (and cases in our school too!) I told her she could stay home. Plus the schools have asked that anyone with "covid symptoms" remain home.
So, when the senior assembly was livestreamed on Friday, we watched it and when the honour certificates were handed out, she heard her name called and lost her crap. "Mummmmmmmm. How could you do this to me? You should have known I was going to get one. I missed out! Didn't Ms. Berman tell you?" (Side note, Ms. Berman did email me, but for some reason it didn't go through and she didn't notice until Monday.) Then she slid under the table, had a bit of a cry and then reminded me hourly until I let her go back to school today.
Personally I don't think it's that bad, her teacher made a huge fuss over her when she came back, apologised profusely about not letting us know in advance and then presented her honour certificate in class with a flourish and took a photo with their adorable therapy dog Sasha.
"This certificate is awarded to Madeline Kendall for: making a fantastic start to Year 5. Madeline completes all tasks in a timely manner to the best of her ability. She produces work of a high standard with neatness and accuracy as a high priority. Congratulations, Madeline!"
Not bad for being the first one given this year! I am super proud of my girl! ❤

No comments:
Post a Comment