Thursday, August 18, 2016

a mothers love



when i was 5 years old, my mother decided to make a quilt for my bed. i watched her spend a good part of the next year sewing these blocks up and then handstitching the entire thing stitch by stitch until it was done. i would hide underneath the fabric as she sewed each night and was thrilled to pieces when it was finally done and spread onto my bed for the first time. i loved it then and i still love it just as much. so all these years later, it seemed a waste for it to sit in a cupboard when madeline is using my old bed... so mum go to work once more and made it hers...


this new piece was added to the quilt a month or so ago, quilted over the top of four calico hearts with the letters of my name... and this week the quilt has one again taken pride of place on my old bed. madeline is thrilled to pieces and couldn't wait to snuggle under it this evening.

"those who sleep under a quilt, sleep under a blanket of love ♥ "

No comments:

Post a Comment