i have always loved the look of this beautiful bright slice and have been wanting to try it for ages, but always left it in the too hard basket, but tried it for josephs birthday and am so glad i did... i've made this twice in two weeks and both times had rave reviews, so i thought i had better hurry up and share the recipe for the best jelly slice, which i found here
i will begin simply saying, make sure you have plenty of time when making the slice, as the way to make sure you get the beautiful clean layers, is by allowing enough time to let them set and for the jelly to cool before you pour it on the top.
you will need:
200g milk arrowroot biscuits
225g melted butter
395g can condensed milk
2 1/2 tsp gelatine
3/4 cup boiling water
4 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1 pkt jelly (flavour/colour of your choice)
boiling water as per instructions on jelly packet
extra tsp gelatine - for jelly top
1. line slice tin with baking paper
2. crush biscuits in food processor until fine
3. add crumbs to melted butter and mix until combined. pour the mix into the prepared tin and press down with the back of a spoon until a neat layer is formed. place in the fridge to set
4. whilst base is chilling, add 2 1/2 tsp gelatine to boiling water and stir until dissolved. add to condensed milk and lemon juice. whisk until mixture is combined and smooth
5. remove base from fridge and pour condensed milk layer over the top. place back into the fridge to set.
6. make jelly as per instructions on packet, adding an extra tsp of gelatine. leave jelly to cool until it reaches room temperature.
7. pour jelly over slice and place back in fridge to set, this will take at least 4 hours, leaving it overnight is the best option to ensure the layers all fully set.
8. cut into squares using a hot knife.
it's so yum! hope you enjoy :)