Wednesday, February 24, 2016

95 years old, but still here in our hearts


95 years ago today this amazing man was born. my grandfather joseph goodlet. although he passed away in 2007, he is never far from my thoughts. he was one of my dearest and trusted friends and it seemed only natural to name my little one after him when he arrived 2 years ago.

i sometimes wonder if he would be proud of decisions i have made, things i've done, where i am at in my life... and if he would love to get to know that little blonde boy that is running around the place with his name. and tonight i feel like i got my answer.

doug and i decided to go to the temple this evening and as the session came to a close, near the end i started to think of him and felt such great peace. i know that he's happy. that he's happy with his family and i know most of all that the day will come when we will be together again. what great joy the gospel brings. i feel such comfort knowing that families are forever and love that one day i'll be able to get to know him even better.

we still miss you grandad, after all these years. so god be with you 'til we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment