i made this cheesecake to take to the new years eve party we went to, and then again to take to a lunch we'll be attending this weekend. it turned out so well that a few people asked for the recipe, so i thought i would share it here first.
may i present...
1 x 250g packet milk arrowroot biscuits
150g butter or margarine, melted
3 teaspoon gelatine
1/4 cup water
375g cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 cup caster sugar
300ml thickened cream
packet of raffaello chocolates (i used the christmas gift box, i think there was about 30 in there...)
1. grease a 24cm springform tin, place on an oven tray.
2. process biscuits until finely crushed. add butter and combine. press biscuit mixture evenly over base and side of prepared tin. cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. sprinkle gelatine over water in a cup. stand cup in pan of simmering water; stir until disolved. cool.
4. beat cream cheese, vanilla essence and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. beat whipped cream in a seperate bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. stir gelatine mixture into cheese mixture with halved chocolates; fold in cream. pour mixture over base in
tin. cover and refrigerate until set.
5. serve decorated with extra cream and chopped raffaellos on top.