Sunday, September 6, 2015

fathers day love


happy fathers day to my daddy. to the man who i have loved from day one, who has wiped away my tears, played endless games with me, told me tin tin stories, told bad dad jokes, but truly been the very best person i know.

my dad is a true example of service. from a young age i can always remember him rushing off to help someone in need, whether it was fixing their car, being a handyman or just being a helping hand or shoulder to cry on. he is a truly wonderful man to know and i am so proud to not only be his daughter but to call him my friend.

i love to watch him with my children too. to hear him get frustrated with madeline pushing the limits the same way i did. to know how madly he loves them and to know that they have him wrapped around their little fingers. we are so blessed to have him in our lives.

but most of all, last but certainly not least... to see the way he loves my mother. it is the absolute truth that "the greatest gift a father can give his children is to love their mother" i have witnessed nothing but the purest love between my parents and i know that my father loves my mother more than anything in this world.

thank you dad. we adore you.


i've also been lucky to have a wonderful father in my own home. to watch my babies laugh with my husband brings the greatest joy to my heart. how sweet a home is, where laughter lives.

so thank you to the father of my children.

we love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment