dominique and i have a joint pinterest board - called sister kendall, which is mostly inspiration for mission clothing. the description for the board says, "i refuse to look like an idiot..." and she is doing well to ensure she doesn't. seeing as her papers will be going in soon... today she had a trial run of packing, ensuring that everything she packed could be worn with multiple other items... so it was a fashion show in my bedroom.
she has certainly done well though... with the cheapest sister missionary wardrobe the world has ever seen... between random things she has, hand me downs, things from my closet (mostly also from the opshop and hand me downs) and opshop finds
from top left...
1. cardigan a hand me down from a past sister missionary to me, dress from the local op-shop
2. dress and cardi from the op-shop
3. cheap $3 cardigan from supre, op-shop dress (worn as a shirt) and restyled skirt (bit of running in on the sewing machine, really not bad for a first attempt)
4. dress from 3, cardi from 2
5. dress from 1, worn as a skirt, shirt $10 from valleygirl, hand me down scarf from a friend of mine
6. cardi from 1, shirt from 5, $10 maxi skirt from dotti at harbourtown
i can't wait to see what else she comes up with... but there'll be 18 months worth of opportunities!
sister kendall here she comes!